December 14, 2018 Updated August 27, 2019 by Jess ten Remarks
These veggie pot pies with puff pastry crust are loading with good for you veggies for a comforting and healthful meal. Make them into mini pot pies or if you choose a single large veggie pot pie!
So we’re taking a break these days from all the sweets & treats on the website for the holidays for a savoury recipe, veggie pot pies with puff pastry crust!
Soon after all, we have to have a small balance among all the desserts recipes.
Veggie pot pie recipe
So right now it’s all about obtaining a healthful vegetarian pot pie recipe that’s straightforward to make and doesn’t involve having to make pie crust. (Since who genuinely has time for that these days?)
These pot pies are loaded with veggies like sweet potatoes, peas and lentils so they’re even now packed with protein! They are then topped off with a puff pastry crust, which tends to make them truly feel a tiny far more *unique* and indulgent, without having the fuss of having to go and make a crust.
Here’s how to make pot pies:
- Chop up all your veggies.
- Sautee them in a pan with seasoning and liquid.
- Add the veggie mixture to tiny ramekins (or a big dish, your choice!)
- Cover with puff pastry and bake.
It’s really a pretty easy process, but certainly, a dish that will be confident to impress any guests you may possibly be getting in excess of for dinner!
Some pot pies are pretty unhealthy, but these veggie pot pies with puff pastry crust are significantly healthier than your average pot pie! I even really like to skip out on the puff pastry crust sometimes and enjoy the filling as a stew more than some quinoa! (Super delicious as well!)
Ideas for creating this recipe flawlessly
A single thing I love about this recipe is how versatile it is! The veggies can be altered up to no matter what you like. Broccoli, turnips, chickpeas…you can add anything at all!
- I use chickpea flour as the thickener for these pot pies to keep them additional healthful, but if you don’t have chickpea flour on hand you can use any other sort of flour to thicken up the dish. If you desire not to use flour, you can also use some cornstarch as a thickener. (Just add 2 tsp mixed in four tsp of cold water)
- Give the pot pie filling a taste prior to including it into the ramekins. At times some batches of veggies are a lot more flavourful, or the broth you use might have significantly less sodium than other folks, so taste and change seasoning if needed.
- Use a round cutter to cut the puff pastry into a circular shape. You can also use the leading of a glass and press it down into the puff pastry. This is optional, and you can also just lower the pastry into squares and drape it on top of the ramekins.
- If you’re generating this recipe in a big baking dish, then just cover the complete dish with the puff pastry and bake until golden brown on top.
Other comforting recipes to try
If you attempted these veggie pot pies or any other recipe on the site let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating under! Be certain to follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for even far more deliciousness!