- one pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons all-function flour
- 2-one/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 pound potatoes (about 2 medium), peeled and chopped
- one-1/two cups water
- one tablespoon diminished-sodium beef bouillon granules
- twelve ounces procedure cheese (Velveeta), cubed (about 2-one/four cups)
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, cook beef, onion and pepper more than medium heat 6-eight minutes or right up until beef is no longer pink and onion is tender, breaking up beef into crumbles drain. Include garlic to beef mixture cook one minute longer. Stir in flour right up until blended.
- Steadily stir in milk. Include potatoes, water and bouillon carry to a boil. Reduce heat simmer, covered, 15-20 minutes or until finally potatoes are tender.
- Add cheese stir until finally melted. Sprinkle servings with bacon.
I liked it, but discovered it to be a minor on the sweet side. Salt and pepper helped. If I make it once again I might attempt the Worcestershire and liquid smoke.
This was just Ok as written. After tasting it as it cooked, I added salt and pepper, 1 Tbl. Worcestershire sauce, and about one/two tsp. Old Hickory Smoke Salt. Now it is a keeper!
Totally loved it!!
I cooked up half a pound of bacon, drained component of the grease, then saut?ed my onions and peppers and added 6 minced garlic cloves (it really is not a recipe if it has only 1 garlic clove!) correct ahead of I extra the hamburger. I also changed the cheese, rather of processed Velveeta. I employed a mixture of Gruyere, Gouda and cheddar cheeses. I did not use the bullion, don’t cook with it. The soup was tasty, nevertheless something I wouldn’t make regularly because of the calories.
Thanks for a flavorful and hearty recipe. Will definitely make again. I added worchershire, salt & pepper, added garlic powder, banana pepper and onion flakes. Next time I will par-cook the potatoes and finish them in the chowder to speed up the process.
Exceptional meal for a great damp foggy evening at residence!
I created this final night for my husband. I will not actually know what I was expecting, but was a small disappointed with the end result. The primary cause I manufactured it was simply because I had all the components. I only had a taste, but to me it tasted like Hamburger Helper. Probably won’t make it once more.
Very Very good! Very Tasty! I could not think how significantly it tasted like a cheeseburger. Will undoubtedly be making this yet again.
looks genuinely great, have not attempted it but., making it tonight!
Won first area at Souper Bowl on two/one/2015 !